[OpenAFS-devel] still seeing iput errors on 2.2.19...

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:53:10 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.devel: 9-Apr-101
[OpenAFS-devel] still seein.. by "Neulinger, Nathan"@umr.
> What is the 0xffff0000? I don't see i_count being and'ed with anything like
> that anywhere else in the kernel sources. Does afs have a 2^16-1 limit on
> i_count or something like that?
In some versions of afs, there is/was a piece of code that
*intentionally* got extra refs on the AFS root vnode (e.g. the one
corresponding to /afs). I'm guessing that this code is a (too-) clever
attempt to catch a case where that code was risking an overflow of the
i_count.

Are you doing something that actually has that many refs on an AFS
vnode? It's possible that you are seeing this bug in action.