[OpenAFS-devel] issues with 2.4.3

Shantonu Sen ssen@MIT.EDU
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:27:27 -0400

Chas Williams writes:
>i believe it.  what version are you running and does it include the
>latest patches related to dcache handling that i posted at some point
>(or though i had posted)
>
>afs_linux_dentry_revalidate (at a minimum) is returning the wrong values.

I was having horrendous lock-ups with 2.4.3 with whatever was in CVS
about 4 days ago. I finally had to drop back to 2.4.1. Symptoms were
that after a few minutes of stable AFS usage, file operations would
lock up, like copies or simply "less"-ing a fine.

Could this be related at all? I'll try again and see if
the problems have magically disappeared.

Shantonu

|Shantonu Sen * (617)225-7269 * ssen@mit.edu|
|Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002|