[OpenAFS-devel] lwp PRE_Block on linux

Adam Thornton adam@sinenomine.net
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:37:34 -0500

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:25:06PM +0200, Pavel Semerad wrote:
> Hi,
> there is a mitmatch using variable PRE_Block on linux. In one file it is
> int and in another char. This works for little endian systems, but not for
> big endian (such as sparc). Here is patch:

Can we get an official ruling on this?

It broke between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and I had to change the process.s
source for S/390.  It looks like this patch will break my workaround
again.

*Why* is PRE_Block defined differently on different architectures?  As
far as I can tell, it's a boolean.  In fact, as far as I can tell, it's
being used as a mutex and it makes me nervous that it isn't a mutex, but
that's a whole 'nother issue.

Can we, please, once and for all figure out what type it should be, and
then I can fix the S/390 code and it will stay fixed?

Adam