[OpenAFS-devel] still seeing iput errors on 2.2.19...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:05:01 -0500

Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:

> Excerpts from mail: 14-Apr-101 Re: [OpenAFS-devel] still s.. by Nathan
> Neulinger@umr.edu
> >     2048 bytes  DV 21 refcnt -27651
> > That's a volume for a heavily accessed cgi script. That one appears to
> > be the opposite problem though.
> It's not the opposite problem, it's just that the i_count value is being
> interpreted as a signed short by cmdebug (see the definition of struct
> AFSDBCacheEntry in src/fsint/common.xg)
>
> > I'm doing what I can to instrument afs_dcache.c to do some cache
> afs_dcache.c doesn't manipulate refcounts on vcache/inode objects. All
> that stuff hapens in afs_vcache.c and osi_vnodeops

Oh, ok. Thanks!

> What kernel does this happen with? I seem to be having a different sort
> of refcount problem on my 2.4.3 systems -- the machine runs out of free
> vcaches because all/most of them stay in use. This ends up triggering a
> "VLRU cycle" panic.

2.2.x - seen it over the whole range of em.

You know, I've seen that VLRU panic as well on a couple of machines, but
I generally made it go away by bumping up the afsd params. I currently
run at:

"-stat 10000 -dcache 4000 -daemons 5 -volumes 256"

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216