[OpenAFS-devel] possible solution for iput issue... (also tra nsarc #60276)

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:40:30 -0500

> >VN_RELE(avc) or VN_RELE(vcp)? I think avc is correct, since
> afs-lookup is
> >setting *avcp = tvc after the GetVCache calls.
>
> probably avc, since you must be seeing the case vcp != avc,
> where avc will
> need released.  it also looks like this routine is missing a
> crfree() as
> well.  check_bad_parent() is one of those routines that probably hasnt
> been well tested.

Actually no... every one that I've seen had avc == vcp. The issue is that no
matter what happens, if it does the afs_lookup, i_count gets incremented and
never decremented.

Now, here's the interesting bit - I don't think these volumes are mounted
more than once, unless you count access via RO and RW paths. (And the volume
in question isn't replicated, which makes it even odder.) I could be wrong,
but I don't typically mount volumes except at specific locations.

I do know that the pvc was bouncing back and forth between two different
values in this case.

-- Nathan