[OpenAFS-devel] strings.h or strings.h

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Aug 2001 10:21:17 -0400

chas williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> >> . just include both
> >doesn't work on AIX.
>
> really?  if you look at some of the stuff in des (1.1.1 release) you
> will see that it can include both string headers.
>
> >if a patch shows up (and it doesn't break AIX again) it will be applied
> >otherwise i'll get to it as soon as i can
>
> what was broken on aix?  we have a couple aches and pains boxes here that
> i could the following patch against.

Unfortunately this patch will #include _either_ <string.h> _OR_
<strings.h>.  There are some systems where you need BOTH.  There are
some where you must only include one.  Therefore, your patch doesn't
solve all the problems.

There needs to be two things done:

1) Reorder the includes (so <string.h> is before <strings.h>)
2) Keep the two separate (not an #if/#else)
3) Make a configure check to see whether to include string, strings, or both.

-derek