[OpenAFS-devel] Anyone actually use any of the special build targets?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:46:13 -0500

While I am inclined to agree in some respects, that's a bit more of a change
than is suitable for the moment, and certainly not one that lends itself to
portability.

At the moment, all the changes I'm planning on making just clean up the
cruft and fine-tune the existing process. The changes also are cleaning up
and reorganizing the structure of the individual makefiles to make them
easier to eventually migrate to an automake style build, which is the
current eventual goal.

I've sent an initial small patch to Derrick to take a look at that has my
changes to a dozen or so of the Makefiles, if he doesn't find anything
blatantly disagreeable, I'll be putting together a more complete set of
changes. Some of the changes it makes should make it so that make, make all,
work properly in each dir (for the most part, but not always), and it
eliminates alot of unecessary invocations of install by tracking
dependencies for the install targets.

-- Nathan