[OpenAFS-devel] SYS_NAME_ID for m68k Linux?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Simon Richter wrote:

> I'm currently porting OpenAFS to m68k Linux, and I'd need SYS_NAME_IDs for
> m68k_linux22 and m68k_linux24. Do I need to ask the elders or just make
> one up? :-)

Neither.  You should get one allocated by the registrar.  :-)
But there isn't a registrar yet, at least officially.  So I'll _suggest_
that you use 2301 and 2302 for 2.2 and 2.4, respectively, and not put this
port into wide deployment until you hear something more definite.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer