[OpenAFS-devel] AFS error code ranges

Jeffrey Hutzelman Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu>
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jeremy Stribling wrote:

> Ok.  I tweaked the error table compilation code to print out all the error
> codes it deals with.  So, for the sake of prosperity, here is the list of
> all AFS error codes that get generated through the com_err program.  I
> can't guarantee that it's a complete list, but at least it's pretty close.

Indeed, you can't, because someone might add more error codes.
The point of com_err is that you generally don't need to know what the
error codes are.  If you are trying to interpret AFS's error codes, then
link against the appropriate libraries, call the error table
initialization functions, and use error_message to get the messages.  If
you're trying to make up error codes that don't conflict with AFS's, you
should pick a table name of your own that doesn't conflict with anything
else, and use com_err to generate codes in that table.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer