[OpenAFS-devel] DU64 5.0A: Kernel Build: Multiply defined: xdr_uint64, xdr_int64

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy-li@e.kth.se
28 Aug 2001 21:14:36 +0200

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> Should we be doing anything as part of the OpenAFS build process to make
> this easier?

I do belive we should do "ld -dc -r -o afs.mod libafs.nonfs.o" while
compiling. That should work on ALL OSF1-systams even old ones.

Compiling in afs in a kernel on OSF1 does not give anything but
pain. We should recommend people to not do so.

And we should fix shellscript that loads the kernelmodule, i have one
that we use that does this, however it is not backwards-compatible
since i do not belive that executing binaries just because they exsist
i an good idea (bosserver). We have one server and one client
startscript.

And we should get rid of the totally irrelvant and useless sysname
"alpha_dux50", i posted a comment on this here a few months ago but
got no response. However we have derived a sysname-sceme for OSF that
ARLA will use soon, i will post it here later.

I append the propable totally useless and/or offtopic startscript we
use in the case someone want to see it(which i doubt :) :

I the original we sets the sysname to something relevant and do "afsd
-nosettime".

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
'start')