[OpenAFS-devel] Call for consensus: configure defaulting behavior change

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:12:16 -0400 (EDT)

On 29 Aug 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>
> > Who are these people and what are they doing? Anyone? (Not that keeping
> > the complete tree is hard)
>
> Considering the number of requests I've received for the openafs-compat
> package, I do believe there are a good number of sites out there (mostly
> existing sites) that are depending upon a /usr/afsws "dest tree" for
> their users/sites.

Right, but that's still not what I'm getting at. A "make install" which
installs such a tree somewhere does not require you to have a complete
tree in that form as the result of "make". Aside from current makefile
assumptions, who needs that?

-D