[OpenAFS-devel] openAFS for Windows_9x

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:05:59 -0700

Derrick already answered your question (1).   Answer to question (2) may be
that the 9x client was using port 750 and the server did not listen to this
port.  Usually the AFS authentication servers (kaserver) listen on both
port 88 and port 750.   But some of them may fail to do so.  For example, I
know that AIX servers have to change their /etc/services file to allow port
750 to be used by kaserver.   You can check with your server admin to find
out whether this was the case.  Or you can try yourself by changing the
port number (from 750 to 88) for Kerberos in your "Windows\services" file
on your Win9x machine.

Shyh-Wei Luan

A patch needed for the AIX /etc/services file.

<old
>new

< kerberos      88/tcp                          # Kerberos
< kerberos      88/udp                          # Kerberos
---
> kerberos5     88/tcp                          # Kerberos
> kerberos5     88/udp                          # Kerberos

< rfile         750/tcp
< loadav        750/udp
---
> #rfile        750/tcp