[OpenAFS-devel] afs and byte-range locking ideas

Thomas Vincent shetomv@Pacbell.net
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:32:31 -0800

Does DFS take a huge performance hit due to its support of byte-level
locking?
Or since DFS was designed from the ground up with byte-level locking in
mind, it doesn't take a hit. I realize DFS is a totally different beast
then AFS. It is the only file system with similiar capabilities to AFS
that supports byte-level locking that I can think of.

Cheers,
Thomas Vincent