[OpenAFS-devel] Increase -stat parameter of afsd(VLRU cycle?)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Feb 2001 13:00:50 -0500

Keep in mind that the number of -stat will affect how much
(non-swappable) RAM is pinned down in kernel space for AFS inodes.
The larger the number, the more RAM the afs kernel will suck up.  This
used to be important back in the days of 16M machines, because AFS
could easily pin down 2+MB of RAM, a significant percentage.
Nowadays, with 64+MB machines, increasing the amount of RAM isn't
quite as important, so pinning down 4-6MB for inodes isn't as
significant a hit.

-derek