[OpenAFS-devel] mutiple levels of backup volumes?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:20:32 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> Oh, extending the VLDB isn't the problem, I'm sure I could do that in a
> week or so of hacking at it. The problem is - I think that one of the
> core requirements of OpenAFS was that it remain protocol compatible with
> IBM AFS. I'm not sure how that would work unless I were to create a
> whole new set of VLDB calls that included the new information.

that's the way it's been done in the past

> Any suggestions on the appropriate way to do something like this? It
> seems that if a new set of VL ops are created, they should be made more
> multipurpose and extendible.

i'm trying to remember if the most recent elders meeting brought about any
revised need for the vldb, and i can't think of any... but then the right
answer is probably to wait for the minutes to remind me

-D