[OpenAFS-devel] semantics of stat'ing a mount point

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:58:27 -0500 (EST)

On 23 Feb 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> It would be useful in the case of dynamic cell insertion to
> differentiate between "unknown cell" and "unknown volume".  So,
> I say keep it how it is.

How so? Differentiationmay be useful, but I can't think how this could be
exploited usefully for that; Once you're making changes in the cache
manager, whatthe clients see doesn't matter

-D