[OpenAFS-devel] Check for CellServDB and AFSDBRR correctness?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:11:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Harald Barth wrote:

> I want to check that CellServDB entries and AFSDBRRs are reasonable correct.
> I'm thinking of doing this by asking the servers that are listed if they
> agree with the data in CellServDB and/or AFSDBRR.
>
> For example by knowing that pdc.kth.se has the server 130.237.232.114
> I can find the syncsite  130.237.232.112 and then from there get
> the third server 130.237.232.29.
>
> Pointers? Am I reinventing something that allready exists?

I don't know of anything that does this now.  It's certainly a reasonable
idea -- use the ubik debug interface to query each listed server to find
out who the real servers are.  I've been intending to write something like
this to perform periodic verification of entries in the GCO CellServDB; if
you find an existing tool, I'd like to hear of it.

-- Jeff