[OpenAFS-devel] Linux Kernel Module build question

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:31:59 -0500

> The only reasonable alternative that I've seen so far is to add a
> header file to the source tree that is included 'first' so that I can
> change that during the Red Hat build process.  Unfortunately that
> would require changing ALL the source files to always include this
> extra file first (even if the file needs to be a No-OP for everything
> EXCEPT Red Hat).
>
> I could theoretically use afsconfig.h for this, but unfortunately that
> would require that afsconfig.h be included before afs/param.h, which
> isn't the case.
>
> Are we willing to make a change to the OpenAFS so that afsconfig.h is
> always the _first_ included file in ALL kernel-module source files?
> If so, then I can have afsconfig.h conditionally #include a
> redhat-specific file which then includes /boot/kernel.h and then mucks
> with it as suggested earlier.

This is reasonable to do now... It wasn't initially cause afsconfig.h
initially depended on certain stuff that was defined in param.h. Now that
it's auto generated, this should work fine.

-- Nathan