[OpenAFS-devel] Pag question...

Robertson, Jason V jason.v.robertson@intel.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:17:57 -0700

I kind of asked this before, but not very clearly. I think my basic issue is
I don't clearly understand how pags are implemented.

I'm having a problem understanding how to use a pag in a server daemon
correctly...  This is with AFS 3.6.

Let's say a server daemon runs as root, and seteuid()'s to different UID's
for security.  Since the UID is still always 0 (root) you have to use a pag
to give each euid a secure context for AFS tokens.  This seems to work,
except for one problem.

If you do a ktc_ListTokens() call you will see tokens in other pags.  I
confirmed this by looking at the curpag() output in conjunction with the 2
PAG groups.  Tokens for this pag:
pag 1091817497 group0 33615 group1 36633
will also be shown in this pag:
pag 1091817498 group0 33615 group1 36634

Both pags are unique - why does ktc_ListTokens() display tokens in both?
The tokens aren't _usable_, just shown.

Thanks,
Jason