[OpenAFS-devel] Linux Kernel Module build question

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
13 Jul 2001 23:04:24 -0700

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> Are we willing to make a change to the OpenAFS so that afsconfig.h is
> always the _first_ included file in ALL kernel-module source files?  If
> so, then I can have afsconfig.h conditionally #include a redhat-specific
> file which then includes /boot/kernel.h and then mucks with it as
> suggested earlier.

> The problem with this approach is that it's requiring a LOT of major
> changes to the OpenAFS sources at large just to support a bug that Red
> Hat introduced in their modifications to the kernel sources.  But I have
> no objections is Derrick is willing to accept the changes.

I think it's generally good practice to have the autoconf-generated header
file included before anything else anyway.  From the autoconf manual:

   The package should `#include' the configuration header file before any
   other header files, to prevent inconsistencies in declarations (for
   example, if it redefines `const').