[OpenAFS-devel] now building (was Re: Tru64 5.0 broken?)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:15:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I'm trying to relink the kernel now on my DEC 3000/300. Followiing the
> instructions on your website
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/afs/docs/html/QkBegin
> /auqbg007.htm#Header_123
>
> > 7.Copy the AFS kernel module to the local /usr/sys/BINARY directory.
> >
> >      If the machine's kernel supports NFS server functionality:
> >

> >         # cp bin/libafs.o /usr/sys/BINARY/afs.mod
> >
> >      If the machine's kernel does not support NFS server functionality:
> >

> >         # cp bin/libafs.nonfs.o /usr/sys/BINARY/libafs..o
>
> but I don't have a libafs.o anywhere in my OpenAFS  tree. It's not in the
> binary distribution either:. If I use libafs.nonfs.o it doesn't link. What
> am I losing here???

Use the nonfs version. The instructions are slightly wrong; Use of the
nonfs version means you can't re-export authenticated AFS access via NFS,
but we didn't get the code to enable it.

-D