[OpenAFS-devel] Large Caches: Implementation Discussion

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
17 Jul 2001 18:54:57 -0400

<eichin-oa@boxedpenguin.com> writes:

> When you scan, do you check that the st_dev's all match?  (since it
> was suggested earlier that this is a constraint that must hold true,
> it would seem appropriate to catch it early...)

Ok, I just looked.  Currently we are _not_ stat'ing every file as part
of the sweep (at least in afsd).  The user-space code just performs a
readdir() and saves the d_ino value.  This value is then passed into
the kernel.  At no point is stat() called (except in the case where
cache files/directories are created).

-derek