[OpenAFS-devel] afs test suite

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:26:48 -0400 (EDT)

Is anyone willing to and interested in working on a test suite? If someone
is interested a draft of requirements for much a suite can be made up.
Arla has a test suite which can be adapted, but it's not broad enough to
cover everything which should be tested (though it does a good job of
testing file system semantics).

My proposal would be something like:
-assume a complete cell available for testing purposes
-assume some other tools, notably krb4 or krb5
-set up srvtab or keytab with admin and vanilla user principals in them;
perhaps even system:administrators admin versus UserList admin but that
can come later.

-script starts by becoming sufficient admin and creating and mounting
volumes in specified manner, and setting acls as needed
-one group of tests is done with an unauthenticated user
-one group of tests is done as a normal user
-one group of tests is done as a superuser

since the scripts will set up the acls the results can be anticipated and
used to ensure things like the recent symlink problem do not recur.

I'm willing to work on fleshing out this proposal if someone is interested
in working on it, and I'm sure there are many others here who have
contributions as far as items which need to be tested and potentially even
the tests.

-D