[OpenAFS-devel] pam_afs.so in 64 bit version for sparcv9?

Charles Clancy mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:37:11 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>>> Further, it may be possible to use just libafsauth and libafsrpc to link
>>> the pam module, and if so compiling v9 versions of just these libraries
>>> should be easy to add to the build procedure.
>>
>> Success.  Anyone interested, check out:
>> /afs/cs.rose-hulman.edu/openafs/source/openafs-1.1.1/sun4x_58/dest/lib/pa
>> m_afs.*
>
> So I'd like to do the compilation myself. How exactly did you do it?

First, I ran ./configure, then added '-xarch=v9' to the end of the CFLAGS
line in the following files:

src/pam/Makefile
src/libafsrpc/Makefile
src/libafsauthent/Makefile

OpenAFS 1.0.4 isn't autoconf-ed, so it will be a bit different.  I haven't
built it myself since 1.0, so I don't remember the exact procedure.  Just
follow it until you've got Makefiles, and then edit them as specified
above.  Once you've done that, you should be able to run 'make' without
any trouble.

Charles Clancy, mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu
sysadmin emeritus, RHIT Computer Science