[OpenAFS-devel] RH 7.1 spec file: archlist

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Jul 2001 17:22:18 -0400

Rudolph T Maceyko <rtm@cert.org> writes:

> The iget4 symbol is the same but the libafs modules themselves are NOT:

Oooh, that does not bode well.  I would be interested in knowing what
the differences are.  This means that the SymTable is slightly broken;
I'll need to apply the architecture to the SymTable as well.  Hmm..
Not too hard for the x86 processors, but might be more challenging for
the athlon.. Maybe...

Any idea what /proc/cpuinfo returns on an athlon system running with
an athlon kernel?  I would need to know that in order to process this
correctly.

> Note that libafs-2.4.2-2-{i386,athlon}.o are the same though as are
> libafs-2.4.2-2-{i386,athlon}.mp.o...

Looks like they added 'athlon' as a separate type in the 2.4.3 kernel.
Shouldn't be a problem.

> Yeah, I just figured that out too when I tried to add it to the spec
> file :-)  For now we're just running the normal SMP kernel on those
> boxes...

Sorry.  It's a bit more challenging that you would think....

> I'll send you the /boot/kernel.h from one of them once they are
> actually running the enterprise kernel again...

Thanks.  That would be extremely useful.

> Thanks again,
> Rudy

-derek