[OpenAFS-devel] Crash under Linux

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
26 Jul 2001 19:26:45 -0400

I realize this probably is a stupid report, considering it was my own
afsd code changes that brought it on, but I still think it warrants
some amount of attention.

In the process of debugging the large-cache afsd patch I came upon a
fatal crash, fairly repeatably.  I haven't written the code to
actually tickle this bug, but I believe the process to cause this
crash is:

	0) load and "initialize" libafs

	1) where afsd would 'sweep' the cache, tell the kernel that
           cachefile N has inode 0 (I believe this is what causes the
           oops I see)

	2) When you try to rmmod libafs and your machine will crash
           HARD and you'll need to reset to recover.

I don't think libafs should crash this hard.  OTOH, this was due to a
bug in my afsd patch, but still. :)

-derek