[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS Port for IA64 (Itanium)

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:22:27 -0400

>Would there be hardware and time for someone to do the port

i have done a little work on the port.  i actually have something
running.

>up all of my free time).  If there is someone else with ia64
>hardware and Linux64, I don't think it would be oppresively
>difficult to port the code.

actually its a little more difficult that it first appears.  the
ia64 setjmp/longjmp doesnt restore the stack pointer.  the syscall
table doesnt use the 'function descriptor' runtime thus patching
the syscall table is troublesome.  this covers the main difficulties
with the port.  this also prevents me from making afs modloadable.
[yes, its linked into the kernel, oh well]

if people are interested i can make what i have available.  its
based on a 1.0.4 though at the moment.  you need to have a 2.4.5
kernel and a fairly recent glibc (ucontext support)