[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with shutting down afsd - revisited

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Markus Alt wrote:

> So thanks to all of you who recommended to do it that way. It really
> helps me a lot! Nevertheless, with regard to the original problem, this
> is still a kind of workaround. One should be able to shut down AFS
> properly IMHO. From what I read in other messages on this list, this
> seems to be related to the ac kernel patches. I don't know if the SuSE
> kernel sources also contain these patches, although I guess that yes.
> How can I quickly find out?

No, actually, the shutdown problem should be entirely unrelated to that
but instead to what thus far appear to be inode reference leaks in both
the linux afs code and in the 2.4 kernel (so it gets worse after you move
to 2.4 kernels)

The ac problem is one related to smp hangs.

-D