[OpenAFS-devel] @sys as list patch in CVS

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
05 Jun 2001 13:23:21 -0400

    Derek> How does one insert the list into the kernel?  -derek
    >>  Perhaps we should start requiring that functionality patches
    >> like this come with documenattion for users as patches to an
    >> erata file or something?

    Derrick> The whole of the source code should be documented, in
    Derrick> truth. Actually, I suppose we (for we probably = me
    Derrick> unless someone else wants to) should explore what source
    Derrick> documentation packages exist.

True, but not related.  I was talking of user docs not source docs.

I believe that we have an obligation to document user visible changes
as we make them.  Users should be able to find out about cryptall and
sysname lists without RTFSing.  That documentation should be in the
package and should supliment the IBM manuals.