[OpenAFS-devel] @sys as list patch in CVS

John Berninger John_Berninger@ncsu.edu
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:01:25 -0400

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001, Ted McCabe wrote:

> At 1:37 PM -0400 6/5/01, Sam Hartman wrote:
> >...<snip>
> >I suggest that for future patches,
> >you require an entry in that file for new functionality.
>
> Makes good sense.  It does seem to raise another issue, namely
> documenting patch submission: preferred method thereof, requirements,
> tools, etc.

This may or may not be related to other documentation issues, but might
I suggest a decision be made regarding what form(s) of documentation
will be provided to end users / administrators / others in need of
documentation, then decide what would be easiest to produce that / those
forms?

Although a purely personal bias, It would seem to me that using SGML
source and submitting patches to the SGML documentation along with
patches to actual code would work rather well, as DocBook could then be
used as an optional part of the build process to generate documentation
current to what's actually being built.  Comments, criticisms?

(This is my first post to this list, so please go easy on me...)

--
Thank you,
John Berninger

Systems Administrator		John_Berninger@ncsu.edu
Department of Mathematics	Box 8205, Harrelson Hall
NC State University		Raleigh, NC 27695

Phone:  (919)515-6315
Fax:    (919)515-3798

GPG Key ID: A8C1D45C
        Fingerprint: B1BB 90CB 5314 3113 CF22  66AE 822D 42A8 A8C1 D45C