[OpenAFS-devel] W2000 Token authentication problems

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Jun 2001 23:44:34 -0400

"James Peterson" <jimpeter@us.ibm.com> writes:

> The patch we have decided to try is to create a global user list (instead
> of a user list per LSN, logical Session Number) .   This would make the
> assignment of tokens by userName/machineName rather than by LSN.   If this
> patch works then we can add security by doing a one way hash of the
> userName/machineName.

Does this imply that I, as a user, cannot have multiple sets of
tokens?  For example, I might want to create a special PAG (using the
Unix terms, a Process Authentication Group) so that I can have some
processes with sys:admin privs and other processes with me-as-a-user
privs.  Or, I may want to use the same principal identity (kerberos
tickets) to authenticate to multiple AFS cells, but I want to keep
said authentication segregated.

I can certainly do either of these with the Unix client.  It would be
nice if something similar could happen with the Windows client.  I
don't think that 'username' is a fine-grained-enough control.

-derek