[OpenAFS-devel] ia64 linux port, strings.h, string.h?

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:10:05 -0400

ok, we finally got around to getting our ia64's powered up and running.
i just started looking at the afs port to this beast.  the first problem
is basically missing prototypes, which for a 64-bit userland is strangely
important.  as an example:

klog.c: In function `getpipepass':
klog.c:159: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
klog.c: In function `CommandProc':
klog.c:202: warning: implicit declaration of function `strlen'
klog.c:238: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcpy'

i would guess that about 70-80% of the afs sources needs either string.h
or strings.h added.  i see that some of the source files have strings.h
(ifndef'ed AFS_NT40_ENV).  i have been adding string.h since this is
posix and exists on the windows platform.  should all strings.h be
converted to string.h?  is there any platform that doesnt have string.h?
is there a better way?