[OpenAFS-devel] which OS's can't handle prototypes in kernel code?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:40:21 -0500

Part of the cleanup patches I'm working on are cleaning up prototypes, and
keeping track of where stuff might be used in the kernel is tricky. do we
have any definite information as to what systems cannot handle prototypes in
the kernel code?

Is there an alternative that we might consider such as placing all
prototypes in headers/sources within a

#ifndef NO_PROTOTYPES
#endif

block that would be defined/undefined on command line for kernel code?

-- Nathan