[OpenAFS-devel] which OS's can't handle prototypes in kernel code?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
11 Jun 2001 14:34:00 -0400

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> > I believe that the more common way of handling this is to
> > use the __P() macro, which would be defined in sys/cdefs.h
>
> Ah. I wasn't familiar with that macro, although I have seen it used.

Note that this macro is not necessarily available in all kernels.
Linux, for example, doesn't define this.  It is available in the Linux
GLIBC user-space build environment, but not in the Linux kernel-space
build environment (there is no <sys/*.h>)

-derek