[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with shutting down afsd

Kangesh Gunaseelan kangesh@real.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 18:25:19 -0700

At 07:52 PM 5/3/01 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>Are you sure that you don't have any processes running out of AFS?

Actually, that might be it.  I did have a process that was accessing file
from the AFS file space.  The process is now defunct.  It may not have
closed files, I guess.  I am unable to kill that process and unable to stop
AFSD.
The only option is to reboot the system.
By the way, is there any way to get around this type of behavior?

Thanks.
Kangesh

Are you sure that you're not sitting in an AFS directory?