[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs 1.0.3 + S/390 + kas wierdness

Ryan Linn rplinn@unity.ncsu.edu
Sat, 5 May 2001 01:35:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
  I am trying to setup a krb5 realm for authentication of a openafs cell.
While I was able to get the krb5 key into the bos server, when i tried to
set the key for the afs user using kas I am getting a "kas:setkey: illegal
key: bad parity or weak so can't set password for afs" message.

  I checked first for user error, by imitating the exact same steps on a
intel platform, using the same kdc, and it worked perfectly, however, any
time I try to do the same thing with the s/390 compiled version I am
getting this error.  Has anyone seen this problem before ?
Here are the steps I did once the basic openafs stuff was installed to try
the krb5 auth stuff:
* create a krb5 entry for afs@<REALM>
* generate a keytab with afs@<REALM> in it
* use asetkey from the krb5 migration kit to get the key  into bos (works
fine)
* bos listkey localhost -showkey and get the new key that the bosserver
has
* kas setkey afs -new_key "<KEY THAT BOS JUST GOT"> -kvno <KVNO>
-admin_user admin  which returns the error about bad parity or weak.

Thanks for any information or help that I can get on this matter!
Regards,
Ryan Linn