[OpenAFS-devel] rx_SetConnDeadTime

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 7 May 2001 10:06:40 -0500

I noticed that AFS_RXDEADTIME is set to 50 in afs.h, and used in a couple of
rx_SetConnDeadTime calls. There are a few other calls to that routine that
have 50 wired. Would changing those to AFS_RXDEADTIME be appropriate?

Reason I ask is, was wanting to test what would happen adjusting these
params, and figured easier to edit all in one place.

From the looks of things, it seems like lowering this parameter might give
better recovery times for read-only volume timeouts. Instead of 50 seconds,
maybe 10-15 or so. Not sure what the difference is between DEADTIME and
HARDDEADTIME though.

-- Nathan