[OpenAFS-devel] fs whereis info doesn't update when afsd is using different repli cate...

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 11 May 2001 00:02:31 -0400

>But the call to an "up" server gets a response in the form of an RX error
>packet where the error code is actually the time.  This seems kind of weird,
>and I have never heard anyone say whether it was intentional or not, but it
>works fine.

FYI, from what I can tell, the idea here is that the error code is really
a 32-bit integer, and instead of using an outcall RPC argument, they
simply return the time in the "error code".  That gets implemented as
a RX error packet.  FWIW, the Ubik voting process does the same thing.

--Ken