[OpenAFS-devel] afs-nfs translator

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 May 2001 15:00:06 -0400

Production setting?  Uh, I would certainly hope not.  The NFS
side of the protocol is completely insecure and could easily
be hacked.  Also, the translator has never, IMHO, been a stable
product.  It's been useful to me in rare occasions when I've
had a machine without an AFS client, but I would never, personally,
use a translator-based client for my real files.  I've lost way
too much data to the translator failing at just the wrong time.

-derek