[OpenAFS-devel] afs-nfs translator

Touretsky, Gregory gregory.touretsky@intel.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 07:55:29 -0700

As [almost] pure AFS shop we use AFS/NFS translator to allow RW access to
the data for all kinds of specialized hardware,
like testers and logical analyzers that support only NFS mounts (there is no
way to run 3rd party software on these machines).

I suppose it's always possible to get something that doesn't support AFS, so
I'd like to see AFS/NFS translator as a back-door option.

Gregory Touretsky
IDC Computing / Systems Engineering Group
Unix Server Platforms
gregory.touretsky@intel.com
> (+) 972-4-865-6377, Fax: 04-865-5999
iNET: 465-6377, M/S: IDC-1B