[OpenAFS-devel] fetchmail lock file in afs-space

Valentin v. Seggern vvs@germanistik.fu-berlin.de
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:32:43 +0100

++ 29/10/01 22:07 +0100 - Valentin v. Seggern:
>I have a problem with running fetchmail in afs space.
>I do fetchmail -v in my home directory (in afs-space) and it gives
>me:
>
>luisxiv@aleph:[~] fetchmail -v
>fetchmail: removing stale lockfile
>Segmentation fault

Hello again,

I found that the problem is not fetchmail, but procmail. Procmail
does not own an AFS-token and thus can not access my home-dir to do
stuff.

I've read some documentation on procmail now, but I didn't find a
good solution.

Can't a process like procmail obtain tokens or inherit them from the
"mother process" (shell with token)?

Please excuse my unclear style of expressing myself. I am not a
programmer and don't really know if terms such as "mother process"
really exist.

So how did you solve probelms with procmail/cron and programs like
this? Is there an interface to klog programs or do all programs need
a workarround like it is suggested on this web-page[1]?

Greetings,
Valentin

[1] http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips.html

--
 .~.  http://www.germanistik.fu-berlin.de/~luisxiv/       .~.
 /v\  "Wahlen ändern nix - Sonst wären sie verboten"      /v\