[OpenAFS-devel] When is an AFS request-response completed?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:35:02 -0500

>> Oh? Wasn't aware of that... will have to take another look at tcpdump
>> and see what would be good to merge into ethereal.
>
>Maybe I'm missing something, but looks like the only place with
>significantly more coverage in tcpdump is in the handling of rx ack
>packets. Looks like in the other places, ethereal has more decoding.
>
>Are you talking about a different tcpdump than cvs on tcpdump.org? (i.e.
>are you still maintaining your own local patches?)

This is the one on tcpdump.org; I know that ethereal does more AFS
protocol dumping, but there's a bit more than the ack support; you get
the info about negotiated MTU size and a few other RX protocol details
(I ran into a bunch of rx-related problems once and I needed that extra
stuff to debug them).

So depending on the problem you're encountering, different tools might
be better.

--Ken