[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Linux AFS fileserver w/ journaled partitions works!

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
30 Nov 2001 22:53:34 +0500

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 12:36, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Careful.
>
> We thought Sun's logging UFS option worked also.  And it did, until we
> started seeing troubles and then salvager completely raped and destroyed
> our vice partitions when the machines were rebooted.

But as Linux is still using the namei-based server (i.e. normal files,
not the magic ones) this shouldn't be an issue.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
allbery@kf8nh.apk.net