[OpenAFS-devel] FW: Found the RegKey that causes the GPOs to fail.

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:06:50 -0500

Appears that this key below causes Group Policy Objects w/ ADS to fail when
the AFS client is installed on a Win2k box.

It appears that the presence of this key causes the failure. Should the
install perhaps check to see if the key is present, and not do anything if
it isn't there, but if it is, set it to zero?

-- Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgington, Jeff
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 1:04 PM
To: Uetrecht, Daniel J.
Cc: Lantzer, Ryan; Neulinger, Nathan
Subject: Found the RegKey that causes the GPOs to fail.

If you remove this key, then the GPO stuff works....

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters]
"SmbDeviceEnabled"=dword:00000000

not sure what this does... I guess now I'll leave it remove and see if I can
get the AFSClient to work.

Jeffrey Edgington
Systems Administrator
University of Missouri - Rolla