[OpenAFS-devel] ta-rauth, inetd, and rsh for linux works...

Derrick J Brashear Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:38:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Benjamin Floering wrote:

> So why is it disabled from the linux build?  I have made very minimal
> changes to the source (one or two lines) and have successfully ran both the
> daemon and rsh and passed a token to and from Transarc afs AIX boxes and
> among linux boxes.  Are we holding out in favor of a "grand scheme" that I
> don't know about such as integrating ta-rauth into xinetd or the regular
> linux inetd?  Personally, I have no problems running two inetd-like
> processes on a box as long as I can get token passing!

Did you include --enable-obsolete and --enable-insecure when you
configured?

Yes, this means you have to read the READMEs, which is more or less the
point, if you want to shoot yourself in the foot with this stuff we want
to make sure you understand it's not our fault, that we recommend you
*not* use it.

-D