[OpenAFS-devel] du/find hang running in AFS space

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:43:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Touretsky, Gregory wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    we get a problem with Open AFS 1.2.2 running on RedHat 6.2 machine (Linux
> iwsl008 2.2.17-14smp #1 SMP Thu May 17 13:26:42 PDT 2001 i686 unknown).
>
> Both find and du stuck when run in AFS space. Any ideas why this happens?
> There is no such problem with IBM AFS. I don't know if this happens in older
> versions of OpenAFS.

For what it's worth I don't have a 2.2 SMP machine handy but the 2.4 SMP
test host I have was liberally tested with find and du over AFS space in
the interest of squashing the VLRU cycle oops with no problems whatsoever
in any of the 2.4 versions tested.

-D