[OpenAFS-devel] ncsa.uiuc.edu cell

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:44:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> > For the Red Hat release I grabbed the most current CellServDB from
> > /afs/openafs.org/service/CellServDB (dated June 15).
>
> Oooh, bad idea.  The CellServDB in the openafs.org cell is _not_ the
> master, and does not get updated on a regular basis.  Instead, you should
> use the one at http://grand.central.org/dl/cellservdb/CellServDB.

Indeed, this file is not yet auto-updated as I had been attempting to
avoid heavily configuring the openafs.org AFS cell pending potential new
hardware which more recently appears to be in no danger of being imminent.
In my copious spare time I need to set up all of the processes which
should be managing data in the openafs.org cell. Maybe this coming week.

-D