[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.2 client crashes on Mandrake 8.1

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Patrick Sodre Carlos wrote:

> > kernel to mess with us, but if you wish to explore this issue, you may
> > wish to look at the patches Mandrake applies to their kernel, taking
> > special note of added spin locks and VFS changes.
> >
> > -D
>
>    It was working before with 1.2.1 with the same kernel I'm running
> now. Do you still believe it is possible to be something with the mandrake
> patches?

That implies something (probably one of the changes to deal with changes
to struct inode) broke it. How is Mandrake's struct inode different than
the stock one? Someone mentioned some change to Mandrake with respect to
i_shadow handling as well. You might try pulling src/afs/LINUX/osi_vfs.h
from 1.2.0 and building 1.2.2 with it (you'll need to make osi_vfs.h not
be generated from osi_vfs.hin for this to work)

-D