[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver on AIX crashes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:55:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Hans-Werner Paulsen wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 02:17:23PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> >
> > Given what you go on to describe, notably a core named corevol.fs, why do
> > you believe the fileserver is what crashed?
> >
> ibm-10:/usr/afs/logs >dbx /usr/afs/bin/volserver corevol.fs
> Type 'help' for help.
> Core file program (fileserver) does not match current program (core ignored)
> reading symbolic information ...warning: no source compiled with -g

That's a fine reason, and fileserver shouldn't crash, but I think you have
your bosserver configured wrong.

bos status should show e.g.:
    Command 1 is '/usr/afs/bin/fileserver'
    Command 2 is '/usr/afs/bin/volserver'