[OpenAFS-devel] debug/optimize flags in Makefiles...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 24 Oct 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> "Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:
>
> > I was consdering getting all the makefiles to consistently have variables
> > available for debug and optimize flags. Do y'all think that having ${DEBUG}
> > on all compile lines (or CFLAGS= lines), and ${OPT} on all lines where it
> > should potentially optimize. (I.e. skip those few cases in lwp where
> > optimization is specifically turned off.) and then let those vars be set in
> > the Makefile.`sys` file as needed?
>
> I'd rather see the Makefile.`sys` files disappear.  I'd also prefer to
> see the param_`sys`.h files go away, too..

So would I but we don't have capability to autogenerate all the
information in these yet. Especially which compiler needs to be used for
kernel modules... there's no easy way to use autoconf to test for these.

-D